4.21.2012



After binning my "SAVE THE RAVE" t-shirt in 2009 I didn't think I would want anything neon in sight of me ever again, then without warning this burst of brightness seems to have sprung up everyone and I'm quite enjoying it. I've seen some brave neon dresses and skirts about that look fantastic but I just don't think I could pull them off without looking like some sort of nostalgic Klaxon.  Sandra from 5inchandup neon nails looked perfect (here) but being too impatient to wait till I was near an american apparel store I picked up this acid yellow shade by Barry M in boots and I havent taken it off since, I admit it's a little puke green rather than the highlighter yellow I was hoping for but I'm pretty satisfied with it for a third of the price of what nail lacquer is. 

I also picked up cos' Spring Summer Magazine as I have chosen them as the store to create an S/S13 window display for a visual merchandising project at university. I havent even looked at trend forecasts for S/S13 yet but sod what's in fashion I think I'm just going to look at architecture for inspiration, that sounds much more "COS" right ?.

Oh today is also Record Store Day so my boyfriend and I are going head to down to Rough Trade East in Brick Lane for a little day out,  I've made a little list of records I'm hoping to pick up including Arcade Fire Sprawl || Remix, Morrissey - 'Suedehead', Dry The River New Ceremony, Leonard Cohen Live In Frederiction EP and I definitely want the Breakfast Club Soundtrack !!!

4 comments:

  1. wonder if cos will be ever accessible in usa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that colour, I need some more neon in my life! x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to hunt down the nail polish, such an amazing colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. know the feeling, i've been avoiding neon too ever since the nu rave fiasco of youth. love the nail varnish doe x

    ReplyDelete