9.07.2012

J.W.ANDERSON X TOPSHOP EVENT

Yesterday I was incredibly grateful and flattered to be invited down to Topshop HQ for an exclusive preview of the JW Anderson collection for Topshop before it hits the stores next week (and by exclusive I mean e x c l u si v e ! merely five of us with one of the other bloggers being Sandra from one of my favourite blogs 5inchandup so I was definitely the black sheep in the room) . As well as it being one of the the most anticipated collections of the year, JW Anderson is a designer I am personally a huge fan of so it was amazing to be given a sneak peak and talked through the collection.  This will be Topshops biggest designer collaboration with the collection consisting of around 100 pieces, featuring everything from knitwear, two piece sets and bags, to disposable camera's, rubix cubes and sharpie pens !.  When I saw the prices ranged from 99p to £129.99 I wondered what the hellllll could be only 99p but JW Anderson has taken the idea of the supermarket as his theme and created a ton of fun non fashions items such as slap wristbands (remember those?), sweets, stationary and prints !. The clothes are all inspired by his own collections, from his signature use of quirky prints, quilted separates, heavy layering and a heritage kilt !. I particularly love the collared dress which the staff girls will wear as uniform for the opening night, I remember reading dresses where something the designer loathed but he's done a pretty good of keeping it contemporary with his maids uniform shirt dress and high school inspired pinafores.

Overall the collection is completely fun and accessible with such a wide appeal to the average Topshop girl. I've always loved the designers ethos of “Things that can be borrowed from a man to a woman and from a woman to a man.” and I feel that's shone through in this collection with all the garments being adaptable for mix matching and layering over one another. "A few bits I'm dying to get my hands on are the breton jumper, pleated skirt and the incredible hand knit bat jumper so I need to halt spending any money this week in preparation ;) . Even better,  a second collection from the designer is expected early 2013 but for now just 7 days to go till the first hits Topshop stores internationally eee !.

7 comments:

  1. I also love the ideal of borrowing from a man to woman from woman to man.

    Lucky you!

    attempted ambition blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so many pretty things.

    I would love to fill up my closet with almost everything here<3 But no topshop in Oslo buuu:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh this looks amazing! And I love Sandra. Her blog is so cool! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog. It's amazing. And those things, so cool!

    Hope you'll visit me, I will be really grateful :)
    Kisses, Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for this collection to launch now!

    xx

    maribleu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. it all looks awesome! lucky you x
    http://styleconfessional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg wow so lucky! I have the yellow cat pants and totally in love with them. I'm loving the plaid as well, disappointed they haven't been available in sydney yet! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete